People are always asking us how to get rid of blackheads- we all have them! Here are a few tips;
1. Cleanse your face: Start by washing your face with a mild cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin. This helps to unclog pores.
2. Exfoliate regularly: Use a gentle exfoliating tool like microdermabrasion and/or a chemical exfoliant. AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids) such as salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids can help exfoliate the skin and clear out the pores.
3. Steam your face: Steam your face for a few minutes to open up your pores. You can do this by leaning over a bowl of hot water or using a facial steamer. This makes it easier to extract blackheads.
4. Use exfoliation tools. Exfoliation tools like our microdermabrasions can carefully remove blackheads and open pores. When using them read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid causing any damage to your skin.
5. Avoid squeezing: It's important to resist the urge to squeeze or pick at your blackheads, as this can lead to inflammation and scarring. if you really want to do this go to a professional that will use the proper instruments to remove them.
6. Use topical treatments: Apply a topical treatment containing ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or retinoids. These ingredients can help to prevent oil free moisturiser. This helps to keep your skin hydrated without clogging the pores.
7. Always wear an oil free SPF with UVA and UVB protection.